Sunday, July 24, 2011

christmas in july


my mom gave me a heads up about an estate sale in an older neighborhood across town. I happened to be in the area, so I stopped by. one thing that annoys me about estate sales is when the family puts them on & doesn't have the items marked with prices & then on top of that, doesn't want to part with anything because it's too sentimental. which I totally get... but if you aren't ready to part with things, then don't have a sale & haggle with people over every item that elicits some sort of memory. that's why hiring a company can be such a great service & well worth the money.

ok, enough complaining. so if you don't know, I love christmas. and these vintage santa glasses were just too cute to pass up. a lot of them broke as the family was pulling them out for the sale. and then two actually broke in my car. so I don't have full set of either, but I still think there's enough to mix & match for a holiday dinner party. 

I also picked up some vintage christmas ornaments. if I can find a few more boxes, I'd love to make melanie's ornament chandelier! $12 for everything.  not bad.

{love the progression of santa coming out of the chimney}
{dried pine needles & shiny tinsel of christmases past}

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one Christmas-ing in July-I bought several gifts and a few holiday iTunes purchases this weekend! I absolutely love those Santa glasses!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails